Guitar Lessons For Beginners: Learn how to get the maximum benefit from your beginner guitar lessons with this helpful and information website

Tuesday 13 July 2010

GIBSON AND EPIPHONE

I will not talk about the specs and stuff because we all know that already or we could always search for it in the internet. What we do want to know is this: is there any difference between the sound and the tone of the Gibson Models and the Epiphone Models? Well, I for once had the chance to play both guitars, same model at one show. And I think there’s actually no difference with the two guitars except for the feel. I don’t know how to explain it but the Gibson Les Paul Standard that I used had a vintage feel that comes with it. How do I describe that vintage feeling; I can’t. It is something that you have to experience personally. Epiphone sounded as good as Gibson However but there was just this slight difference on the feel. I used both guitars on the same amp, same effects pedal and same settings, but different tunings. I also used the same string gauge for both guitars and they did awesome.

Anyway, another difference between these two guitars is that Epiphones are relatively cheaper than the Gibson guitars. That is because of the materials used in making the guitars and other factors. So if you don’t have enough cash to cough up for a Gibson Les Paul Standard, try the Epiphone equivalent.